Age of Consent
By accessing BOVISAJ’ Services, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use the Services.
Information We Collect
- Information That You Provide: We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, participate in a giveaway sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us. We also may collect information when you communicate with us via third party social media sites such as Facebook or Instagram (e.g. to create an account) or when you use sites and services that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools), but always in accordance with the authorization procedures and privacy settings you establish with such services. Providing your Personal Information to us is voluntary, however, if you do not provide some or all of the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with certain products, services or information.
- The types of information you may provide directly to us include, but are not limited to your name, shipping address, billing address, zip or postal code, telephone number, email address, birth date, credit card or payment information, product and communication preferences, family members, demographic information, or any other information that could be used to contact you or any other information that you may choose to disclose to BOVISAJ, such as providing a profile photo or interest in prenatal classes.
- In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as if you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a “wishlist” or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfil your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us. Additionally, we may collect employment or education information when indirectly provided via the use of a redemption code.
- Information We Collect Automatically: In order to improve the overall quality of your online experience, BOVISAJ, its partners, and/or vendors automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our website or Offer Sites, interact with our emails or online advertisements, or when you transact business with us. Information we automatically collect includes:
- Log File Information: We collect information about your use of our website, such as the type of browser you use, access date/times, pages viewed, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites. An IP address is a number that automatically identifies the computer or device you use to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. We track and aggregate certain information about the visits to our website to analyse trends and statistics such as general traffic flow and feature usage related to BOVISAJ’ website and app. We compile traffic-based statistics that show the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website, its individual pages, and our app. This data is collected and stored as an aggregated statistical report that we use internally to better understand our website traffic, manage our website, and help diagnose any problems. BOVISAJ may make such aggregated data available to others as part of its business; however, we will not identify you when providing such information or make it possible to identify you by others in providing this information.
- Cookies: Our website, online advertisements, and emails use first and third-party “cookies”, pixel tags, and other technologies to automatically collect information about you such as browser type, pages viewed, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with our websites, online advertisements, and email. A cookie is data sent to your Internet browser from a Web server and stored directly on your computer hard drive. Cookies and similar technologies within a web browser allow us to collect and store data as you navigate our website. We use this information for various purposes, including to facilitate web page navigation, display information more effectively, personalise your online experience, to understand how our websites are used by users, market our products and services, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and for security purposes.
- Most web browsers are set up to accept cookies. You can adjust your browser settings to refuse all cookies or to inform you when a cookie is being placed on your hard drive. However, certain features of BOVISAJ’ website may not work properly and you may be required to re-enter certain information each time you use our website.
- Where we use Google Analytics, we have set up the service to anonymize your IP address as soon as data is received by the Analytics Collection Network, before any storage or processing takes place. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product or subscription, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
- Mobile Information: When you access our website from a mobile or smartphone device, we may receive information about your general location and your mobile device, such as unique device identifiers.
- Information From Third Party Sources: We also receive information about you from other sources, including service providers such as Google, and through your interactions with us on social media websites, and we add it to the information we associate with your account.
Security of Transmission of Personal Information
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet or e-mail is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information that you submit to us, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information to provide products and services and to support our business functions. For example, we may use this information for the following purposes:
Provide, Improve, and Develop the BOVISAJ Website and App.
- Provide the Services to you
- Process and fulfil your order, including by shipping products to you, or others you designate, and sending emails to you, or others you designate, to confirm your order status and shipment and to process merchandise returns
- Provide customer service
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimise the BOVISAJ Website and the user experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research
- Communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications
- Communicate with other persons using contact information you provide, such as when you designate another person as the recipient of a gift purchase
- Make your membership experience easier, more personalised, more enjoyable and more efficient
- Address problems with and improve our products, brands, services and technologies, as well as to develop new products and services
- Allow you to use our online technologies
- Provide consistent, personalised services
- Organise local community events, promotions and in-store experiences
- Facilitate your ability to share information to social media
- Administer and fulfil our contests and other promotions
- Help us learn more about your personal preferences or product preferences, including through the use of UTMs
- Fulfil a contract we have with you
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimise the BOVISAJ Website and experience, and personalise and customise your experience (such as making automatically entering your saved shipping information), we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the BOVISAJ Website, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the BOVISAJ Website.
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the BOVISAJ Website and our user’s experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- Verify or authenticate information
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of BOVISAJ and our employees, customers and others
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with legal process, investigations, regulatory or governmental enquiries or for other legal or regulatory purposes
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users or subscribers and enforce our agreements with third partiesComply with our legal obligations
We process this information given our legitimate interest in protecting the BOVISAJ Website, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
Provide, Personalise, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
- Social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or Google).
- Personalise, measure, and improve our advertising.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by BOVISAJ or its third party partners.
- Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you depending on your subscription status and email engagement.
We will process your Personal Information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your BOVISAJ Account. We also make efforts to exclude current subscribers from targeted advertisements, including, for example, across Meta platforms.
- When you consent to it
- When it is necessary to protect your vital interests or that of another person
- When it is necessary for the performance of a task requested by you or carried out in the public interest
- When it is in our legitimate interests. Legitimate interests are our business or commercial reasons for using your data, such as (i) keeping our records up to date (ii) providing the Services to you; (iii) maintaining or administering the Services (iv) performing business analyses or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business and the Services we offer; (v) prevention of fraud and financial crime to protect the public; (vi) communicating with you concerning programs or services consistent with our obligations to provide those services or otherwise; and (vii) participating in litigation, investigations, regulatory or governmental enquiries or for other legal or regulatory purposes involving our customers who use or have used our Services or other third parties. We will not unfairly place our legitimate interests above what is best for you.
How We Share Your Information
We share your Personal Information with, or obtain data from, third parties in the following ways:
- By You. You may disclose Personal Information when you post, link or tag digital content to our website, third party websites, or other public forums, such as BOVISAJ’ social media pages, blogs, and online product reviews. Any information that you disclose through these services will become public.
- Third Parties. We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
- Legal Requirements. We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, court order, legal processes, or government request, or to protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of BOVISAJ FZ-LLC or others, or when we believe it is necessary to share such information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law or to protect the public.
- Business Transfer. In the event of a sale or merger of BOVISAJ FZ-LLC or any of our businesses, our customers’ Personal Information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets.
- Other Disclosures. We may share your Personal Information with our legal, regulatory, audit, and other professional advisors. Those companies may use your Personal Information to assist us in our operations consistent with our legitimate business interests. We also may share information about you as described at the point of collection or otherwise pursuant to your consent or where BOVISAJ has a legitimate interest in doing so.
These third parties do not have any independent right to share your Personal Information. We will exercise reasonable measures to have the third parties to whom we disclose your Personal Information respect your Personal Information and comply with applicable data protection laws.
How We Keep Your Information
We will store your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected, whether that is to provide services to you, for our own legitimate interests (described above), or so that we can comply with the law. We reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. We may delete Personal Information at our discretion, so you should retain your own records, and not rely upon our storage of any Personal Information, content, or other data.
We will review the information we hold and when there no longer is a user, legal, or business need for us to hold it, we will either delete it securely or in some cases irreversibly anonymize it. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and facilitate the correct use of Personal Information obtained through our website, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical, and operational measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect online against unauthorised access, unlawful use, accidental loss, corruption, or destruction.
We also use operational measures to protect your Personal Information, for example by limiting the number of people who have access to your membership information. Access to Personal Information is restricted to BOVISAJ staff members and third party service providers who require the access for specific purposes, such as helping us provide the Services to you.
We use technical measures such as password protection to protect your data and the systems where they are stored. However, messages you send to us through the Internet or otherwise electronically may not be secure. We recommend that you do not send any confidential information to us by email. If you choose to send confidential information to us, you accept the risk that a third party may intercept this information. We make reasonable efforts to keep your information safe and secure while shopping. We protect your online order and Personal Information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. Generally, the data that travels between your computer and our servers is SSL encrypted, and then stored on a computer that is not connected to the Web. To make sure you are accessing a secure server, look at the lower left or right hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. An un-broken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) indicates that SSL is active in your window. Some versions of browsers and firewalls don’t permit communication through secure servers. In that case, you’ll be unable to connect to the server so you won’t have to worry about mistakenly placing an order through an unsecured connection.
Location of Your Personal Information / Your Particular Consent
We may disclose Personal Information to third-party service providers (e.g., value-added resellers, payment processors, data storage and processing facility vendors) that assist us in our work. We limit the Personal Information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such Personal Information.
Some of the recipients of Personal Information as specified above may be located in countries that do not provide a level of data protection equivalent to that set forth by the European Union and some other jurisdictions. If you submit any Personal Information or choose to access or use the Services offered by BOVISAJ such as our website, you consent to such disclosure, transfer, process, and storage of information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and subject to such applicable laws which may include access by law enforcement and other government entities including courts and tribunals. If we do transfer Personal Information outside the U.A.E., we will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it were being used in the U.A.E. We will use one of the following legally recognized safeguards to protect your information:
- Transfer the data to a non-EEA country that has privacy laws at least as protective as those within the EEA, or
- Put in place a contract with the recipient of the data, which means the recipient must protect the data to the same standards as required within the EEA, or
- Transfer it to organisations that are part of the Privacy Shield. The Privacy Shield is a framework that sets out the standards for data to be sent between the United States and European countries. The Privacy Shield ensures that data are protected to the same standards as used within the EEA.
Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach: We will take reasonable measures to safeguard your Personal Information and prevent such information from unauthorised access, disclosure, or use. However, there can never be a guarantee of data security. If we or a Recipient is required to provide notice of unauthorised access to or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we (or they) may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our website or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our (or their) good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting, and agree to pass the notice on to them.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Your Opt-Out Choices
If you do not want BOVISAJ to send you email or postal mail regarding BOVISAJ or its Services, you can choose not to provide your Personal Information to BOVISAJ, even though it might be necessary to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features on our Services. You may also manage, update and correct the information you provide as part of your online account by logging into your user account and clicking on the “Settings” hyperlink. If you choose not to give us certain Personal Information, you can still use many aspects of our website. However, you will not be able to access website areas that require account registration.
If you have previously opted-in to receiving marketing emails from us, you can update your preferences to tell us specifically what you are interested in hearing about by clicking on the preferences link included in the marketing e-mails. You can update your preferences at any time.
If you would prefer not to receive marketing emails sent by BOVISAJ, simply click on the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you other types of messages, such as purchase receipts, information about shipments, or emails about your user account.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Information
EU Privacy Rights
If you are a European Union resident, in accordance with BOVISAJ’s policies and procedures you have the right to review, verify, correct, and request erasure of the Personal Information that we hold about you under certain circumstances. You also have the right to limit, restrict, or object to the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances. You may also have the right to request that we transfer your Personal Information to another party to the extent provided for under applicable data privacy laws. For more information on your rights, please see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or request erasure of your Personal Information; limit, restrict, or object to the processing of your Personal Information; or request a transfer of your Personal Information to another party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to us at:
ATTN: Legal – Data Protection
B12-228 ACADEMIC ZONE01-BUSINESS CENTER 5 RAKEZ BUSINESS ZONE-FZ, RAK, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
To protect your privacy and security, we also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access, making corrections, or following such a request to correct or delete your data.
When you contact us, we will respond as soon as possible and where possible within one month. If your request is more complicated, it may take longer to respond to you, but we will respond within three months of your request. There is no charge for most requests, but if you ask us to provide a significant amount of data, for example, we may ask you to pay a reasonable administrative fee. We also may ask you to verify your identity before we provide any information to you.
Supplemental Notice for Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to licence or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below.
Your California Privacy Rights
The following section pertains to the rights of individuals or households in California (“California consumers”).Civil Code Section 1798.83: Under certain circumstances, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 states that, upon receipt of a request by a California consumer, a business may be required to provide detailed information regarding how that business has shared that customer’s Personal Information with third parties for direct marking purposes. California residents who would like to make such a request may submit a request to the contact information provide below. The request should attest to the fact that the requester is a California resident, and provide a current California address. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by California’s “Shine the Light” law and only information sharing that is covered will be included in our response.
Rights under the CCPA: As of January 1, 2020, the CCPA (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) provided California consumers with additional rights regarding Personal Information. The categories of Personal Information we collect are generally described above but differ for individual consumers depending on the Services used by such consumers.
Under the CCPA, qualifying California consumers may have the following rights:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal data over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal data we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal data we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal data.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal data for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal data categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal data categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal data we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- Right to Access. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing personal data about you and to access the personal data we hold about you. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will provide to you a copy of your data as required under the applicable data protection laws. We may provide this data to you through your user account with us, or via email to the email address you have provided with your request.
- Right to Delete. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete any of your personal data. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We will delete or deidentify personal data not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
- Right to Correct. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal data that we have collected about you. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information to see if we can correct the data. We may also request additional information showing that the information you want to correct is inaccurate.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your data privacy rights.
- Exercising Your Rights. To exercise your rights described above, please submit a request by either:
- Writing us at BOVISAJ FZ-LLC.
- B12-228 ACADEMIC ZONE01-BUSINESS CENTER 5 RAKEZ BUSINESS ZONE-FZ, RAK, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or someone legally authorised to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal data. You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child.
Certain data protection laws limit the ability to make a request to know to twice within a 12-month period, and allow us to charge a reasonable fee for responding to numerous requests from the same user. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal data relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal data associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal data provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
Financial Incentive Program. We may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the applicable data protection law that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal data’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently provide the following financial incentives:
Under certain circumstances, we will not provide such information, including where the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable and unreasonable risk to the security of that Personal Information, customers’ account with us, or the security of our systems or networks. We also will not disclose California consumers’ social security numbers, driver’s licence numbers or other government-issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, any health insurance or medical identification numbers, or account passwords and security questions and answers.
Submitting Requests: If you are a California consumer and would like to make any requests under the CCPA, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
Attn: Legal – California Privacy Rights
B12-228 ACADEMIC ZONE01-BUSINESS CENTER 5 RAKEZ BUSINESS ZONE-FZ, RAK, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Verifying Requests: If we receive any request we will use a two-step process for online requests where the California consumer must first, clearly submit the request and then second, separately confirm the request. We will use other appropriate measures to verify requests received by mail or telephone.
In submitting a request, a California consumer must provide sufficient information to identify the consumer, such as name, e-mail address, home or work address, or other such information that is on record with us so that we can match such information to the Personal Information that we maintain. Do not provide social security numbers, driver’s licence numbers, account numbers, credit or debit card numbers, medical information or health information with requests. If requests are unclear or submitted through means other than outlined above, we will provide the California consumer with specific directions on how to submit the request or remedy any deficiencies. If we cannot verify the identity of the requestor, we may deny the request.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals. For information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
If you have any complaints concerning BOVISAJ’ processing of your Personal Information, please email us at contact@BOVISAJ.com or write to us at BOVISAJ ATTN: Legal – Data Protection, B12-228 ACADEMIC ZONE01-BUSINESS CENTER 5 RAKEZ BUSINESS ZONE-FZ, RAK, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.
Please note that if you are an EU Resident, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a European Union supervisory authority that is responsible for the protection of Personal Information in the country where you live or work, or in which you think a breach of data protection laws might have taken place. You can learn more about these rights at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en.
Customers in the United Kingdom can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by telephone on 0303 123 1113, or by using the live chat service that is available through the Information Commissioner’s website www.ico.org.uk.
If you’d like more information about our privacy practices or want us to delete your Personal Information, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
B12-228 ACADEMIC ZONE01-BUSINESS CENTER 5 RAKEZ BUSINESS ZONE-FZ, RAK, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES